11. Private Romeo — Any fans of the bard? If Shakespeare doesn’t immediately scare you away, Private Romeo is worth the watch. Faithfully adhering to the original Shakespearean script for Romeo and Juliet, Private Romeo transforms the familiar (and straight) star-crossed lovers from fair Verona into gay cadets finding love at an all-male military academy.
12. Summer Storm — Falling in love with your best friend — it’s the plot of many movies, but Summer Storm is a charming addition to this tried-and-true movie trope. In the same vein as Boys, Summer Storm captures the angst of adolescence without being childish or dismissive. A must watch.
13. Broke Straight Boys — You’ve probably seen some of their videos, but if you haven’t watched this behind-the-scenes reality show, you haven’t seen anything yet. Are they broke? Are they straight? You’ll have to watch to find out.
14. Danny the Manny — Juggling life, dating, an aspiring career in Hollywood … and babysitting. Danny the Manny (“man nanny,” if you didn’t catch that) sparkles with memorable performances and a touching reminder that we all could use a manny to look out for us once in a while.
15. Getting Go — We’ve all tried getting a guy’s number, or flirting with someone on Facebook — but making a documentary about a New York go-go boy as pretext to get closer to them? That’s what one college student attempts in Getting Go. The results? Well, you’ll just have to wait and see ….
There, now you have 15 new films and series to add to your HereTV queue — so what are you waiting for? Click play!